The chapter had a busy end of year 2021! We were thrilled to award two environmental scholarships to two deserving students and a CHMMunity Grant to SCARCE, an organization working toward sustainable communities. We enjoyed a tour of SCARCE’s Reuse facility, and we were able to hold our final chapter meeting of the year in person at Schnitzel Platz, where we enjoyed authentic German cuisine. We also elected a new board of fine individuals to lead the Chapter in 2022.
Are You Sick of COVID Yet? Past, Present and Future November 2020
A Chicago Chapter AHMP Webinar presented in coordination with the AHMP Cyber Chapter. Thank you to our panel of experts, Arlene Farrar, Dave Cozzi, Jim Boguslawski, and Bob Leppink.
Argonne National Laboratory Tour October 2019
Events in Chapter History
The Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers founded the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers in 1985 to foster networking and educational opportunities. Originally the Academy was a part of the Institute, a position which is unusual among professional membership organization and the certification programs they support. In 1995, the Academy incorporated as a separate organization although it remains closely affiliated with the Institute. The Academy changed its name to the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (AHMP) in 2008 to better promote the advancement of all in the hazardous materials management field.
The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals is the premier global leader for hazardous materials professionals.
AHMP maximizes our community, voice, knowledge exchange, and management support of hazardous materials professionals, making our world safer and healthier.
- We are trusted, ethical advisors, operating with professional integrity.
- We believe in lifelong learning, continuous transfer of knowledge and professional growth.
- We foster two-way, transparent, and frequent communication.
- We are good stewards, accountable for our responsibilities and to our communities.
- We are innovative, accessible, and seek excellence in order to be sustainable.
- We take pride in AHMP, our professional contributions, and the benefits they bring to others.