Postings will be kept for 90 days.
EHS Manager—Chemical Industry: I am searching for an EHS Manager for a chemical manufacturer that produces blended products for the oilfield industry. We seek a degreed individual (technical or EHS degree preferred, but not required) and five years or more experience in standard EHS functions with emphasis on environmental requirements. A strong background in CAA (Clean Air Act) specs is mandatory.
If you have interest in the job please reply with a WORD copy of your resume.
Cooper & Associates
Emergency Management Specialist, Hazard Analyst
The Argonne Office of Emergency Management implements the requirements of comprehensive planning, preparedness, response, and recovery activities of the site Emergency Management Program. Argonne National Laboratory is one of the top scientific destinations in the world. Argonne occupies 1,500 wooded acres 21 miles southwest of Chicago in DuPage County, Ill.
Our mission is to develop, implement and maintain a Comprehensive Emergency Management Program at Argonne National Laboratory designed to:
- Promote effective and efficient integration of all applicable policies, recommendations, and requirements, including Federal interagency emergency plans;
- Protect the health and safety of all workers and the public from hazards associated with onsite and offsite hazards;
- Prevent damage to the environment;
- Minimize the consequences of all emergencies involving or affecting departmental facilities and activities; through an integrated approach of coordinated and collaborative planning, training and exercising.
We invite you to apply for the Emergency Management Specialist, Hazard Analyst opening. In this role, you will continue the enhancement of the technical planning basis. Under limited supervision, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of technical planning basis requirements,
- Identification and documentation of site hazards and associated risks, assessing the need for additional response planning,
- Development of required statutory hazardous materials reporting (e.g., EPCRA),
- Development and training of emergency response and protective action plans,
- Management of technology maintenance in emergency facilities;
- Recommendation of hazardous material alternatives and protective actions to minimize risk to the site,
- Participation on Argonne’s Emergency Management Team, working in the Emergency Operations Center during site emergencies.
We expect you to have:
- Strong research skills with a working knowledge of hazardous materials, plume modeling, and appropriate corresponding protective actions.
- Good understanding of emergency management principles and severe weather identification.
- Effective interaction ability working with a diverse group of technical, professional and management personnel.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, organization and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong skills in technology concepts and work-related use of computers, including Microsoft Office applications with a higher skill level in Excel.
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree, preferably in Emergency Management, Industrial Hygiene, Health Physics, Environmental Science, Chemistry, or related field with hazardous material experience.
- 5+ years directly related experience working as an emergency management hazard analyst, industrial hygienist, health physicist, or hazardous material specialist.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Environmental Compliance Manager
Summary: The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible for providing direction, support and guidance to each designated facility to ensure success in achieving and maintaining World Class Environmental Compliance. Collaborate with Environmental Director in the development, implementation and maintenance of all internal procedures relative to environmental regulatory compliance by studying new and existing environmental laws, regulations and standards, determining the potential impact on operations, and ensuring corporate expectations are being met. Develop relationships and direct facilities with compliance programs by enforcing established programs, including the development of assessment tools and models, and environmental reporting requirements. Lead the environmental regulatory analysis and review of pertinent business opportunities, mergers and acquisitions as STERIS Corporation pursues growth both locally and globally. Location: Libertyville, IL.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit:
Sr. Environmental Compliance Specialist
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide cross media subject matter expertise in environmental management areas including
industrial hygiene, water, air, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, PCB management, USDOT,
spill prevention, industrial services, recycling, and pollution prevention. Evaluate environmental
program performance and initiate changes towards continuous improvement. Provide support to
EED management and field professionals in developing, planning, evaluating and implementing
compliance/pollution prevention/lifecycle management programs, which reduce environmental
liability and minimize financial impact. Supervise support personnel, outside consultants, and
contract vendors as needed to meet business objectives. Establish a consistent environmental
services platform using established environmental strategies and Environmental Management
Systems, and develop systems as necessary to meet emerging business needs. Position may
be required to work extended hours, including 24×7 coverage during storms or other energy
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
– Direct environmental program and regulatory requirements for air, water, RCRA, UST, SPCC,
EPCRA/SARA and ecological media compliance activities. ; Cross-functional expertise in OSHA
and Industrial Hygiene programs. ; Serve as subject matter expert for EHS tactical services to
business, and participate on project teams to support business activities.
– Develop and implement procedures/protocols to meet the compliance elements in air, water,
UST, SPCC, SARA and ecological areas, improving efficiencies using innovative solutions,
identifying gaps and coordinating cost effective, risk reducing efforts for solutions.
– Interface and provide consultation and technical support with operations to provide analysis of
impacts and development of compliance strategies to reduce cost impacts and/or improve
competitive advantage, relating to compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory and
environmental requirements. Manage consultants and associated budgets accordingly.
– Primary interface with local, state and federal agencies to negotiate and discuss environmental
issues/permits. ; Provide written comments and public testimony on regulatory proposals. ;
Direct environmental studies to satisfy permit and regulatory requirements as required.
– Company Representative and active participate in industry and regulatory groups and
(i. e. USWAG, UWAG, IREG, BNTS, IEMA, NERC, ANJR, Wastewise) to promote company
– Coordinate with Senior EMS/Data Management Specialist on the development and
maintenance of an environmental data management program to maximize efficient data
tracking, and information sharing through the development and enhancements of Environmental
Website. ; Support the development and implementation of strategic environmental
– Establish processes and programs to monitor and track compliance performance, manage
budget for Environmental Projects; Provide direction on existing and proposed technical
environmental regulatory requirements.
– BS Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Engineering or Environmental Sciences, with 7-10 years of
working experience in the environmental field.
– Working knowledge of utility systems and regulatory background in environmental media
(water, air, UST, SPCC, ecological) disciplines.
– Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements in hazardous materials and chemical control.
– Strong background in information management systems and applications.
– Strong people skills and ability to thrive in a team environment is essential, along with
innovation, creativity, and initiative. Strong technical writing, oral communication, and
– Knowledge of waste/air/water regulations, associated technical/policy issues and of the
regulatory development process.
– Master Degree in Environmental discipline including science or chemistry, with 5 years of
– Working experience in State or Federal regulatory agencies
– 5 years of working experience in environmental consulting.
– Experience in developing compliance products and programs.
– Experience in communicating corporate positions and negotiating with trade associations and
• Knowledge and experience in waste management including solid waste, hazardous
waste, universal waste, special waste and TSCA waste
• Knowledge and experience in SARA Title III (EPCRA) reporting requirements
• Knowledge and experience in ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
• Knowledge and experience in contractor oversight
• Utility experience a plus
How to Apply:
Interested parties can submit resumes to Dawn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a place to build your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental health & safety (EH&S) problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As a junior-level professional in our EH&S practice, you get to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. This position is based in our Chicago or Oak Brook, Illinois office and is ideal for someone seeking to build a career involving EH&S compliance, process safety / risk management, & multi-media permitting (air, water, & waste).
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
About The Position
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include developing environmental reporting, preparing environmental permit applications, and developing compliance programs, such as those required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Specific Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To
Providing technical support on EHS compliance, environmental management systems, and environmental due diligence projects;
Performing on-site multi-media environmental compliance audits and implementing follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations;
Designing and implementing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 environmental and safety management systems and implementation programs for corporate clients;
Determining regulatory applicability for clients in various states and in various industry sectors;
Performing site visits to inventory processes that may require a permit or trigger compliance with a regulatory program;
Developing plans and operating procedures for managing air, water, and waste;
Developing multimedia permit applications, negotiating permit conditions, and helping develop strategies to comply with permit conditions; and
Managing litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you kick start your career.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical junior-level professional position:
Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, which allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
Fieldwork: Up to 60%.
Overnight travel: Up to 20%.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
BA or BS in earth science, environmental engineering, industrial technology, industrial process, or a related field. (required)
Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
1 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment, with a working knowledge of industrial processes, and their impacts to employee safety and the environment. (required)
Familiarity with USEPA OSHA, and State environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes. (required)
Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management and industry standards. (required)
Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
Ability to work independently from remote client locations. (required)
Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you’re looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees’ quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EHSCO01431