Postings will be kept for 90 days.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Requisition ID 29325 – Posted 07/02/2021 – Libertyville, IL
We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
This position supports day-to-day operations with managing a number of EHS processes with an emphasis on safety and environmental programs relevant to office, R&D and facilities operations environment with a focus on: safety training, contractor safety programs, lab safety, site-wide Emergency Response Team; Safety Champions Network; personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments; job safety analysis; and performs risk assessments and audits. The role aligns site-level R&D labs, office & facilities/maintenance departments on consistent implementation of global EHS standards and programs.
This position coaches and teaches effective EHS incident investigation skills, root cause analysis and helps associates to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions. This position is also responsible for site safety metrics and establishing or revising EHS programs compliant with existing Company standards and related OSHA, EPA requirements to include the development and implementation of Company environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Ensure Libertyville site compliance for applicable US and IL OSHA, EPA compliance matters for Hollister site headquarters location including R&D, Office, and Operations support areas.
- Establish a proactive EHS program in Libertyville.
- Conduct safety incident investigations & root cause analysis; provide accurate accident, incident and occupation injury and illness and near miss reporting.
- Ensure site-wide EHS program development covering all key EHS risk and opportunity areas.
- Conduct periodic EHS assessments.
- Deliver training on EHS program areas.
- Maintain the site’s personal protective equipment system and manage industrial hygiene requirements.
- Develop site-wide EHS inspection program and review for effectiveness.
- Lead Libertyville site emergency response program in cooperation with other groups including Facilities, Security, HR, etc.
- Assist with site EHS audits and inspections and external safety, health or environmental regulatory requests.
- Develop a contractor safety program.
- Serve as coordinator of global EHS software system, training super users and supporting implementation of system at Operations sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, Environmental Science/Occupational Safety & Health or relevant EHS qualifications like ASP or CSP, Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-12 years in EHS role, including site-level EHS experience.
- Ability to communicate EHS updates to other functional groups.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently from time to time.
- Knowledge of EHS regulations in Illinois, especially safety.
- Ability to execute environment, health and safety site-level programs.
- Specialized Knowledge of ISO14001, ISO 45001, risk assessment tools, internal auditor, train the trainer.
- English fluency required.
- Travel 10-15%.